made a dress from a Japanese sewing book


I guess me and my Bernina can do just about anything!

I made this dress today and I loved sewing it on such a great machine. This pattern for this dress is from a Japanese sewing book. This time I found one that's been translated to English.


The book title is Basic Black, found it here on Amazon.


So much of my wardrobe is black, so I choose red. The fabric is a linen/rayon blend from Joann's. Its called "linen look" fabric and the price was great. Normally, ~$12 yd, and it was on sale for ~$9 yd.

With this type of linen fabric every edge needs to be serged. But I can do it on my Bernina using the over-lock stitch and special foot #2. Very handy and looks beautiful.

As I said in my last sewing post, this is only the 3rd thing I've sewn since I was a teenager. I'm loving it. Its good to do different things and stretch the brain.


Also, some of you who follow this blog, might also know that I design and make leather purses too. I have a company - mariejay - where I sell them online. The little black purse in the photo is one I made for me. Its black cowhide with gold hardware. I think it looks cute with all the red.

More to come! Thanks for reading along

Comments

Popular Posts